Sunday, October 5, 2008

We're Home

We definitely miss our little guy, but there are some nice things about being home:
Being able to watch the Redskins game (especially a division game that they won!!)
Warm, humid weather
Trees and singing insects
A dishwasher
Brushing our teeth with tap water
Chinese and Indian food
Comfy bed
People to talk to in English

Both of our flights home were sold out. I cannot imagine surviving the flights with a very active baby on our laps. We hope we will be able to afford a seat for him – not that he will sit there, but the extra space would be nice and perhaps we could lay him on the seat to sleep. We were dreading all the work we would have to do when we got home, but came home to find that my parents had kept up the yard, mowed the grass, and even removed the stump of a dead holly I had been unable physically to dig out. They also left us a freezer full of food and fruit and milk in the fridge. Best of all they humored us with looking at all of our pictures and video the day they picked us up from the airport. My parents are awesome.

We do not know yet when we can go back, but we hope it is soon.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I can only imagine the sadness of not having your boy with you... but glad you are looking at the positive side. Enjoy your time home. Enjoy sleeping in and going out as often as you want, soon things will change. Good change of course... just enjoy your time together...
Tracy

dnd82001 said...

Oh my gosh - I am just catching up and wow oh wow - you went to Kaz right after us and how great - you have a son - CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am very happy for you both (I'm typing this so fast I'm so excited)!!

Sorry I am a bit late with these wishes but like you we have a son -we named him Nicholas!

Once again I'm very happy everything went so well and yes the waiting is difficult but I just keep saying he will be home soon!!

Happy Birthday Chris - I know this is the best birthday present ever!

Darlene