Friday, September 5, 2008

Celebration


Kids' "Yurt"
Our Niece Trying to Hit the Yurt-Shaped Pinata

With all of the chaos, we never got a chance to post about the baby shower my sister and parents threw for us. It was so much fun. I have read other posts of people whose families did not fully support inter-country adoption and had trouble embracing another culture. I guess my family is the opposite, as they threw a Kazakh-themed party with an imitation of a yurt for a shelter, maps of Kazakhstan for place mats, Kazakh flags for decoration, and various Kazakh foods. My sister even found a cookie cutter in the shape of Kazakhstan and made cookies with a sprinkle marking Astana. We are grateful for all of the support of our families and friends. Many people have contacted us asking if they can do anything - we REALLY appreciate it; knowing we could call on you if we got overwhelmed has helped keep us calm. Unfortunately, we have been too disorganized to really ask for help!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is wonderful. I am so excited for you. I guess you will be headed that way very soon. Not sure if I can help out at all, but let me know!

Keep us updated...

Tracy

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Great party!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adorable. Wishing you the best, Susan from Austin