Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fun Day at Work

I found something whole!

What a great field crew!


As anyone who knows me knows, I hate being cold. Working in the winter can be miserable. There is nothing worse than excavating perfectly good dirt only to have it freeze solid before it can be screened. This year, however, we had a client provide us with tents - fully equiped with lights and a heater run on a generator! Plus the site yieleded a lot of great artifacts, including toy tea sets, doll parts, and lots of buttons and beads. We also found a Lincoln campaign button - especially cool because the people who owned the house were former slaves freed after the Civil War.

2 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Wow...this is interesting! My husband & I love stuff like this. We live in VA & love being surrounded by all this history.

Where is this site that you're excavating? I would have been in heaven finding all those neat artifacts!!

Eileen
www.kazbabymakesthree.blogspot.com

Chris and Heather said...

Hi Eileen. The site is in Montgomery County. Most of my projects are in Virginia, though. It can be fun, but also hard work.