Monday, May 5, 2008

Progress!

We heard from our adoption coordinator today that our dossier has left the Consulate! This is all she wrote:

“Jim just e-mailed me. Your dossier is back in Kazakhstan.”

This is great news, but I want more details! Is it logged in at the MFA? Why didn’t she use the words “Ministry of Foreign Affairs” but instead just said “in Kazakhstan”? When did it arrive at the MFA? What timeline are we looking at now? I wish she had not said “back” in Kazakhstan because the word implies backwards progress. I know that our dossier was there during translation, so I assume that is what she means. I am trying to read a lot into a one-line email.

Update
We got a little more information. Our dossier should be registered at the MFA some time this week. Our coordinator thinks that we still have about a 3 month wait until region assignment. I had hoped it would be quicker since we are open to either gender, but 3 months is not too bad. It does potentially mean travel in winter, though, which I had hoped to avoid. We will see what happens, there are still too many variables to make accurate predictions.

2 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

Hey, at least you are on the move. Hopefully your dossier will move quicker in Kaz. I think they like to give us the longest timeframe so we will be excited when it happens quicker. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Marla

Patrick & Eileen said...

That's fantastic news!! Well I hope that you don't have a winter trip....but if it means getting your little one then I'm sure you'll be happy no matter what.

Thank you for your kind words about my husband Patrick being deployed early next year. Yes, it would be wonderful for our little one's to play with some day!

Take care, Eileen