Friday, April 29, 2011

Next??

Referrals came out today. Congratulations to all the new families! Unfortunately this was the smallest batch in history, with a cut-off June 20th. If they had gotten through the 21st we would definitely be in next month. Now, I think we will be in, but it is not a guarantee. I was disappointed and sad about the cut-off and then saw the email from our agency letting us know we were not in this month. They have never contacted us before, and the fact that they felt they needed to let us know we were not in this month – as if there was a chance we could have been – made me panic. How can I be disappointed about a small cut-off and panicked about potentially being in in the near future at the same time? Brains are confusing.

3 comments:

amanda vigale said...

So sorry that you did not make the cut this time, you are so close I guess your sweet daughter is just not quite ready to meet you yet, but know you are all in our thoughts and prayers. Kaz mama Semey 2010

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

you are so close now and while that might comfort some for me it made me even MORE impatient.

I'll be praying for a big month next month!

Unknown said...

Hi - I couldn't find a contact button or email on your blog. My husband and I along with a board of directors just launched a nonprofit last month to give grants to adoptive families (The Sparrow Fund - www.sparrow-fund.org). We're looking for adoptive family blogs to post about it to get the word out. If you have any interest, can you email me at mkraudy@verizon.net. We'd love to get you involved!
Kelly