Friday, May 8, 2009

He Can Walk!

Nikolai took 10 steps independently today! He really has been able to walk for several weeks now, but would not let go and insisted on holding at least one finger. When we would let go, he would crumple to the floor instantly. Tonight he was leaning with his back against the coffee table focusing on the TV remote so I thought he might walk to me without thinking as much as normal. I called to him and he took three steps to me! He would not go back towards the table, so I propped him up against it again and moved further away. He took 10 steps to reach me! The next time, he got a little carried away and put a basket of toy beads over his shoulder and tried to walk. He fell over after a few steps, spilling the basket of beads, and resulting in an “uh oh”. He never dropped the remote, though. It took me nearly a half hour to get the TV back to normal, but that is another story.

1 comment:

Joby and Marla said...

Well, nothing is safe any more:) If Nikolai is anything like Kobe, he will be climbing next!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Marla