Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Nikolai!!








Nikolai is 1 year old today! We had a little party with my parents. Nik got to eat pea soup with ham, one of his favorite foods, and two mini cupcakes! I almost did not get pictures he ate the little cakes so fast. He grabbed a third and said “more, more” but we thought that was a little much. Today was his second day of full-time daycare so he was tired since he only gets one nap a day now. We basically had to keep him awake to open his gifts. His new chair and drum re-energized him though!

I can kind of see why some adopted kids do not like their birthdays. Nik’s birthmom and dad were definitely in my thoughts today. I hope God brings them peace.

2 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

Happy Birthday Nikolai!!!

It must be hard to only get 1 nap a day. Kobe had a hard time at the baby house on that schedule. He still wants 2 naps & is super cranky if he misses one. I do think Kobe would enjoy daycare. He gets a little restless with just me. He wants a crowd! He doesn't interact with kids his own age but likes to watch what they are doing. I can't wait until he only takes 1 nap.

The birthday boy looked sooo happy!!!!

Mich said...

Happy birthday, Nikolai!