Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Big News! - and going private


First, the big news - we received our region assignment! Just when I was starting to get discouraged we got the call.

I have found that I go through the same pattern for every step of the Kazakhstan process. When we first begin a step, I am really happy for a few days at the prospect of progress, and then I settle in and just start marking off the days. But when it gets within a week or two (or beyond) our estimated time to complete a step, I start to worry that something is wrong or that we have been forgotten. When I finally am convinced we may never hear anything I am caught off-guard by good news. Unfortunately, recognizing this pattern has done little to help me deal with all the waiting.

As an aside note - I love where we live. We went to the bank to get a cashier’s check for the next installment of the adoption fees and the cashier who helped us had been born in Almaty! He had moved here about six years ago. It is fun to live in such a diverse place that you can just run into someone from Kazakhstan. We also have neighbors from Kazakhstan (and Korea, Vietnam, Central America – you get the picture).

Well we have reached a point in the adoption where we feel we need to limit what we put on the internet. So we will be making our blog private. Please leave a comment or send us an email to tehop1 at gmail dot com if you would like an invitation. We will automatically be sending an invite to our friends on the “gang” list as well as relatives.

18 comments:

Suzette & Tate said...

would love to follow your journey. suzette_jeckel@quakeroats.com

Sandi said...

would love to continue following your journey.

wattie21@cfl.rr.com

Sandi

traceylynndel said...

I would love to continue following
your journey. traceylynn 1591 @ msn.com

Tracey

dnd82001 said...

Would love to be invited along on your journey.

dnd82001@optonline.net

Jill said...

I'd like to follow along...our Dossier is at the NY Embassy (hopefully released soon!)
Thanks and good luck!

jillgildehaus@charter.net

Joby and Marla said...

WhooHooo! This is exciting news!
I would love to follow along. I am right behind you. Dossier has been in Kaz for a month.
obxcowgirl@earthlink.net
Thanks!
Marla

Jill (& Bob) said...

I would love to follow along as we're Kazakhstan PAPs. jilljbrant@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Michelle and Jeff said...

We would love to have an invite. Last we knew our paperwork was at the MFA so we aren't too far behind in the process! m underscore wehmeyer at hotmail dot com.
Michelle

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi...thank you for your kind words on our blog! I keep forgetting how close we are. One day when we both have our little ones...let's get together!!

I am happy for your news and can't wait to hear more. It's also amazing that you ran into someone from Kaz at your bank!

I would love an invitation to your blog.

Thanks,
Eileen

teshak said...

I would love to follow along with you. We have two girls from Kaz and love to relive the adventure.
Tesha
teshak@nwlink.com

Andrea Myers said...

Congrats on getting some good news!!! It's amazing how one phone call can really change the day, eh?
Please keep me posted ... ajdobb(at)yahoo.com

Mich said...

Hi! I just recently found your blog, and would love to follow along for the rest of the journey. My husband and I are also adopting internationally.

msolinger@hotmail.com

Michelle

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

We too just received our region assignment. Would love to be able to follow along-hopefully we will both be traveling soon!

Kaz Blog Reader said...

Hi

I am just waiting for my LOI so i would love to continue to follow your journey

Julie
julfre1@ comcast.net

Tracy said...

I hope I am part of the gang!!! I want to keep up with everything. How excited that you have your region now! Wahoo....

promised. son@ gmail. com

Tracy

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Hi! Please include me on your list when you go provate. My dossier is going into translation next week. I am with LMI.

Thanks!
Andrea
www.adopting-lily.blogspot.com

I forgot to add my email address to the post I just erased... too early in the a.m. ;-) adoptinglily@gmail.com

Angela said...

Hi, I'd love to follow along. We have two kiddos from Uralsk, Kaz. Congrats on your region assignment!
angcuales@gmail.com
~ Angela