Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)


We do not have an update on the adoptions, but did find this picture of the MFA in Astana. Our dossier has been there for about five weeks. At some point the dossier will move to the Ministry of Education (MOE). Our coordinator has indicated, however, that we may not hear when this happens. So our next update will likely be notifying us of our region assignment! We then have to wait for an invitation to travel. We have A LOT to do before we would be ready to travel and definitely before we are ready to have a mobile baby in the house. It is hard to focus on the “to do” list, though, without any real idea of when we will travel. This is especially true having already had so much disappointment with the timing of our China adoption. Will three months turn into three years again? I don't think so, but it is still hard to assume that this adoption will really happen. (Or maybe we are just procrastinators who work better under pressure :-)

5 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

Hey, I feel like a turtle slowly moving along. Each day brings us closer to our dream of bringing home our boy.... but I know when the news comes to travel then I will need to move like a rabbit. Try to save your energy for all the last minute travel plans & packing. It is going to be soooooo exciting!
Marla

Julie said...

Hi
My dossier got ot the MFA a month before yours did and I just got my region last week! Hang in there it will happen!
JUlie

Tracy said...

You all are getting so close to your little one. Another few months seems like a drop in the bucket with all the waiting we all do. I am so excited for you both and the little one who is patiently waiting for mom and dad to come...
Tracy

Patrick & Eileen said...

As you know we're waiting for our LOI to Kaz. They do say that this is the hardest part of the process...waiting!! However I know that it really won't be that long before we do get our LOI. That being said....I think it'll move along quicker for you than it will for China. I am happy for you and can't wait to hear what region you will be assigned!!

Eileen

Tracy said...

Well, have you heard anything..???

Have you moved to MOE??? Have you gotten a refferal??? I am excited for you. You should hear something soon.

Tracy